Saturday 1 February 2014

5/52


A portrait of my children once a week, every week, in 2014.

Grace: Her messy waterfall braid illuminated as she watches the last of the light slip behind the mountains
Tom: We don't have a bath in our little house so this was a real treat

This is my last day of my 4 week break before I have to get up at 530am and fumble my way into my uniform in the dark tomorrow. I feel so refreshed. I needed the break from shift work and irregular hours. My body soon found a summer rhythm -  late rises, beach trips, coffee, visiting family, cooking, gardening and completing housework (sad I know). Having my life not bound by time constraints was such a relief.

This week was one I will always remember. "Will you marry me? You make me so happy"...looking down at Ian's face as he stared back at me with the most genuine smile (and glittery rock to boot!), I knew that this is the man who I was mean't to share all this world with.

Stoked.

Linking in with Jodi. xx

12 comments:

  1. Lovely. The light in the first shot is wonderful.

    Jess | Malt Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first pic is absolutely divine. What an amazing capture. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely, the top image took my breath away. And congrats on your very exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so beautiful, Ali. and congratulations on your wonderful news! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what beautiful news! Congrats to you. And I love the softness about the first photo. The second, I can relate to. We also don't have a tub in our home. Well, we do but whoever designed this house (not us, renters) made a giant box of a tub that is too big for the size of our water heater...it isn't strong enough to heat up the amount of water that the tub needs. Silly, really. How I miss baths! Anyways, Love your photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore these shots and I especially love Grace's top - so pretty! As for your wonderful news...I'm delighted for you x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pictures and congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photos! The first one has such an amazing feel to it. Love the way her hair is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous photos! such sweet moments ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous pictures ... and congratulations! What a sweet and honest proposal. Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete